Breakfast in America tends to revolve around wheat-based staples- cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, pastries, etc. This can pose what seems like a big problem for those avoiding gluten in their diet.
Look no further than this site for your solution! I offer a plethora of easy gluten-free recipes for breakfast. Plus you’ll find there are gluten-free dairy-free egg-free recipes as well. No matter your particular food allergies and sensitivities, I’ve got gluten-free recipe ideas to satisfy all your needs!
The good news is that there is a multitude of options f0r those on a gluten-free diet- thanks to the variety of gluten-free whole grains available to us.
I’ve experimented with each grain and found some to be more pleasing to work with (in terms of flavor and texture) than others. For this reason I have simplified the grains I use in my gluten free recipes for breakfast to:
- brown rice and brown rice flour
- whole sorghum and sorghum flour
- gluten free oats and oat flour
- raw hulled buckwheat groats and ground hulled buckwheat/light buckwheat flour (not the gray kind commonly sold in stores)
- whole teff and teff flour
- whole millet*
- whole quinoa*
- non-GMO corn meal (ideally blue cornmeal- richer in nutrients, less modified)
* not the flour form of these. If you wonder why I don’t use some of the ingredients you commonly see in gluten-free recipes and products, check out my Stocking a Gluten-free Pantry article.
You’ll find many great gluten-free recipes for breakfast utilizing these simple, highly-nutritious gluten-free grains at my blog:
- Gluten-free Recipes – Pancakes
- Gluten-free Muffins – Recipes
- Gluten-free Bread Recipes – Easy!
- Plus other great Gluten-free Recipes for Breakfast
All of the above are, of course, kid-friendly gluten-free recipes!
And not only that! Since they’re all made only from whole food, plant-based ingredients they’re not only going to satisfy that morning hunger but give you a nourishing start to the day.
Get an excellent collection of gluten-free recipes – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert – all covered! – in this great ebook.
Or sample a multitude of muffins, pancakes and other gluten-free recipes for breakfast in this great cookbook.